Re: PROV-ISSUE-36: Section 3.2: Accessing the provenance of HTML documents [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

HI Graham,

On 24/07/2011 08:14, Graham Klyne wrote:
> That you raise this means it clearly needs clarifying in the text.  In
> the sense I intended, <meta> could similarly be used _only_ for
> documents presented as HTML.
>
> I think a new <meta> tag would require more new specification than
> builing on the <link> work.  Technically, I don't think there's much
> to choose, but I feel that hooking into the link type registry will
> seem more clear-cut to potential users, hence have better take-up.
> It's a judgement call.

I think I agree with you. Although it is the possibility of using the
uniform across different representations, viz. "HTML" and  "HTTP".
Probably we should mention in the text, as you suggested, that although
the <meta> tag could be used, it will require more new specification
compared with the use of <link>.

Thanks, khalid