Re: PROV-ISSUE-36: Section 3.2: Accessing the provenance of HTML documents [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

That you raise this means it clearly needs clarifying in the text.  In the sense
I intended, <meta> could similarly be used _only_ for documents presented as HTML.

I think a new <meta> tag would require more new specification than builing on
the <link> work.  Technically, I don't think there's much to choose, but I feel
that hooking into the link type registry will seem more clear-cut to potential
users, hence have better take-up.  It's a judgement call.