Re: Bobs, IVP and time intervals

On Jul 14, 2011, at 9:07 AM, Luc Moreau wrote:

> Hi Stephan and Stephen
>
> It's a good point that we need to capture.
>
> So, "Luc in Boston" may correspond to many time intervals, corresponding
> to my various trips to Boston.
>
> We indicated the properties are not intended to be complete, and here,
> this set of properties "Luc in Boston" does not identify which precise  visit we refer to.
>
> However, each instance of Luc in Boston will have its own identity.
> Do we share this view?

Yes.  Lets bring up an example scenario so we have something more visual to talk about :-)

I've been thinking of what we called bob at the F2F1 as applying to a continuous time interval which is a subset of the referenced entity's continuous time interval for which some contextully-important mutable characteristics of the referenced entity are held to immutable.

|<----- A OwnedBy Person B--->O<---A OwnedBy Person C------>O<---A OwnedBy Person D--->|

O is a ProcessExecution by which ownership of Physical Object A changes.  Agents involved in the ProcessExecution may include the selling and buying Agents.

In my simple diagram above, Person D could sell Object A back to Person B at some point in time, and the two bobs that represent "A OwnedBy Person B" would have their own identity because represent different time intervals.

--Stephan