Re: SPARQL endpoint discovery - two suggestions

On 02/12/2011 21:50, Timothy Lebo wrote:

>> 2b in RDF
>>
>> An RDF resource may refer to its own provenance SPARQL endpoint; e.g.
>>
>>   ex:someEntity prov:hasProvenance
>>     [ void:sparqlEndpoint<http://example.info/provenance/sparql/>  ]
>>
>> Here, a blank node is introduced to denote the full provenance triple set.  An explicit URI could be used.
>

> I think here we want to point to a GraphContainer, i.e. a GRAPH in a SPARQL endpoint.

IS what you have in mind different fropm the SPARQL notion of a dataset?
(Roughly, an assemblage of a default graph and some named graphs, associated
with a SPARQL endpoint.)

> I'm now not sure if sd:NamedGraph is a Graph (in the RDF Abstract Graph sense) or a GraphContainer (in the INSERT INTO GRAPH sense).

I think this is at the heart of what the RDF WG need to decode w.r.t. "named
graphs".

> This is the source of the problem that I try to treat in the URLs I just sent you.

I'm tagging those messages to come back to later.  This week, I'm pl;anning to
get head-down on some development work.