Re: PROV-ISSUE-76 (xml-examples): Shouldn't we have proper examples in XML and not RDF/XML [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

On 22/08/2011 23:15, Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> PROV-ISSUE-76 (xml-examples): Shouldn't we have proper examples in XML and not RDF/XML [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

> Raised by: Luc Moreau
> On product: Accessing and Querying Provenance
>
> Given that the examples of section 4 are already expressed in RDF turtle, is there any value in also expressing them in RDF/XML?
>
> If we want some take up by the XML community, we should have proper XML examples, with corresponding XML schemas.

I don't see sufficient value in this, given the provenance aware applications
are likely to deal with RDF anyway (per charter), and the JSON option provides
ease of use.  If it's really needed, I'd suggest making an XML format for
provenance discovery service description part of D5 deliverable.