PROV-ISSUE-74: Consider renaming target-uri as context-uri to be consistent with RFC 5988 [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:59:03 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-74: Consider renaming target-uri as context-uri to be consistent with RFC 5988 [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/74

Raised by: Yogesh Simmhan
On product: Accessing and Querying Provenance

RFC 5988 uses the term Target IRI [1] to refer to the target link being described. We are using it in Section 3.1 of the PAQ [2] to refer to the provenance URI. However, we are using the term target-uri to refer to the entity that is described by the provenance URI. This is called to Context IRI by the RFC.

To avoid overloading the term "target" and keeping consistency with the RFC, we should rename target-uri as context-uri in the PAQ.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5988#section-5.1
[2] Provenance Access and Query, W3C Editor's Draft 11 August 2011