PAQ: further revision of simple HTTP interface for discovery (ISSUE 53)

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 18:21:30 +0100
To: W3C provenance WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Ref. http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/tip/paq/provenance-access.html

I've made some further changes (since today's telecon) to the proposal for a
simple HTTP interface for provenance discovery, relating to
http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/53

In particular, I've made a concrete proposal to allow an additional query
parameter to select the desired result type.

(The practical motivation for this is for AJAX clients in some browsers: the
interaction between AJAX-requested Accept: headers and browser-supplied headers
varies between browsers.  In any case, it's often easier in Javascript to just
request a URI, without having to set extra HTTP headers.)

#g