PROV-ISSUE-69 (Process Execution): Process execution occurs over a "continuous time interval"? [Conceptual Model]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 00:01:10 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-69 (Process Execution): Process execution occurs over a "continuous time interval"? [Conceptual Model]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/69

Raised by: Satya Sahoo
On product: Conceptual Model

The current description of process execution:
"The activity that a process execution represents has a duration, delimited by its start and its end; hence, it occurs over a continuous time interval."

What if the process execution was started (at t1), paused (at t2), and restarted (at t3) terminated (at t4), then its duration is t1-t2 and t3-t4 which is not a continuous time interval.

I propose that we should remove "continuous" from the above description.

Best,
Satya