Re: On the european response to Snowden

Great to hear from you Danny,

Last time, we spoke about the role of standards in this you were Canberra
giving a talk at DoC.

The Australian Privacy Principles are a good guideline for organizations on
maintaining privacy. These are also applicable to govt, agencies apart from
few discretions added but that rests with the minister.

Recently the ausralian govt expressed the 2 year data retention law for
service providers, that is going to be a huge privacy challenge when it
comes to accessing content in the database.

http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/applying-privacy-law/app-guidelines/

http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/legislation/bills/r5375_first-reps/toc_pdf/14242b01.pdf;fileType=application%2Fpdf

Links for those interested on the side of law and technical interpretation

Ambarish S Natu.

--
अंबरीष श्रिकृष्ण नातू

Sent from Gmail Mobile