Re: Detecting browser fingerprinting

There is also this report, in the Washington Post, about using the "User Agent" string in a browser as a modifiable means of fingerprinting the user...

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/world/gchq-report-on-mullenize-program-to-stain-anonymous-electronic-traffic/502/

NB - it's also worth bearing in mind that, by adding privacy-enhancing plug-ins to my browser and setting various privacy-specific options, I have essentially made my browser fingerprint pretty much unique.

To get a better impression of what factors can make a browser identifiable, have a look at the EFF's browser fingerprint check, here:
https://panopticlick.eff.org

Robin Wilton
Technical Outreach Director - Identity and Privacy
Internet Society

email: wilton@isoc.org
Phone: +44 705 005 2931
Twitter: @futureidentity