Re: Does the Crystal Goblet apply?

On 4 January 2014 14:16, Tony Graham <tgraham@mentea.net> wrote:
> On Sat, January 4, 2014 1:27 pm, Dave Pawson wrote:
>> A POV - XSL-FO is too complex a language (written largely by JC which
>
> Not exactly.

My POV, the complexity is such that James may well have written it?
IMHO it isn't much more obvious than DSSSL

> It is more true to say that James Clark wrote most of DSSSL [5].
>
>> should mean something) hence users perhaps would be happy with
>> something simpler / easier to understand.
>
> Are you arguing for CSS?  If not, what?

I'm not proposing solutions, just options. In this case
some form of simpler syntax / terminology. I hope you'll agree
that CSS syntax (if not semantics) is easier than FO?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.