From: public-powderwg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-powderwg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Phil Archer
Sent: 05 March 2008 11:59
To: Public POWDER
Subject: mapsTo cf. ref cf. rdfs:seeAlso

Following on from Monday's discussion about the correct attribute for
the Tagset (sorry, tagset :-))

We ended up saying that we would define wdr:ref to mean that the
referenced resource may provide further definition of what the tag(s)
mean. I wonder whether we should use the (well established) rdfs:seeAlso
predicate for this? So we'd have something like

<tagset rdfs:seeAlso="http://example.com/chilli_sauce.htm">
   <tag>Salsa</tag>
   <tag>tomato</tag>
</tagset>

The definition [1] of rdfs:seeAlso says:

"A triple of the form:

S rdfs:seeAlso O

states that the resource O may provide additional information about S.
It may be possible to retrieve representations of O from the Web, but
this is not required. When such representations may be retrieved, no
constraints are placed on the format of those representations."

WDYT?

Phil.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_seealso