RE: Transport XML meta data as well as RDF?

Hmmm...so does that mean that any descriptors more complex than a
triple(s) are treated as 'xmldata'?

E.g.
<descriptorset>
   <ex:palette type="1">
	<ex:colour>red</ex:colour>
	<ex:luminance>50</ex:luminance>
   </ex:palette>
</descriptorset>

? If so, can we simply say that where the descriptor contains a triple
such as <> ex:color red, then map this to

       <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="http://example.org/vocab#colour" />
       <owl:hasValue>red</owl:hasValue>

but, if the descriptor is more complex, then map this to

       <owl:onProperty
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#xmldata" />
       <owl:hasValue>
	  <!-- add XML verbatim-->
	 </owl:hasValue>

The complex descriptors can be easily spotted with the following XPATH:

count(descendant::*) >1

Just a bit wary of having a wrapper element called <xmldata> if we can
determine that implicitly.

Cheers
Kevin