Re: status report - formal layer

Jeremy,

Can I just ask a quick question about what you've written in the OWL wiki.

Your Example of POWDER Full is in two parts - one that is an "OWLed up"
version of the primary example DR and another which expresses the sub
class relationship. Is your view of POWDER Full (or of a DR-S) that it
is both of these or just one of them?

It looks to me as if an RDF/XML instance as shown below, which is the
sub class relationship plus the attributions triples, does the whole
thing? hence the point about each DR having to exist as a separate document?

Phil.

<rdf:RDF>

  <rdf:Description rdf:about="">
     <foaf:maker rdf:resource="http://authority.example.org/foaf.rdf#me" />
     <dcterms:issued>2007-07-02</dcterms:issued>
     <wdr:validFrom>2008-07-07</wdr:validFrom>
     <wdr:validUntil>2008-07-07</wdr:validUntil>
     <dc:description>Textual information to display to end users
  </dc:description>

  <wdr:URISet rdf:nodeID="URIs">
       <owl:intersectionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
         <owl:Restriction>
           <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="&wdr;includeHosts" />
           <owl:hasValue>example.org</owl:hasValue>
         </owl:Restriction>
       </owl:intersectionOf>
  </wdr:URISet>

  <owl:Class rdf:nodeID="descriptors">
       <owl:intersectionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
         <owl:Restriction>
           <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="&ex;property1" />
           <owl:hasValue>value 1</owl:hasValue>
         </owl:Restriction>
         <owl:Restriction>
           <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="&ex;property2" />
           <owl:hasValue>value 2</owl:hasValue>
         </owl:Restriction>
       </owl:intersectionOf>
  </owl:Class>

  <owl:Restriction>
    <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="&wdr;hasURI"/>
    <owl:someValuesFrom rdf:nodeID="URIs"/>
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:nodeID="descriptors"/>
  </owl:Restriction>

</rdf:RDF>