Re: In support of draft-nottingham-http-link-header-01

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the input and keeping us in the loop on the POWDER WG and
plans for DRs and PICS, that's good to know.

FYI, the link-header draft is still in editing phase, and Mark has not
requested publication yet -- so the IESG has not yet been officially
called on to take any action on this document, let alone approve as an
RFC.  Still, early input can be useful so I don't intend this
information to deter such input.

You might also provide this input to the HTTP WG, because getting WG
consensus around such a document is always better for getting it
approved as a standards track RFC, implemented and deployed.  I tend
to agree that the Link header work will be quite useful for HTTP
extensions and connections to non-HTTP functionality as well, which
makes it all the more important to get this done right and quickly.

Regards,
Lisa