Semantics question (was Re: XSLT question)

OK, I'm still struggling with this.

Let me start with a question and add in some detail later.

is this possible (I'm pretty sure the answer's no) - in which an RDF
Description block is made the sub class of an OWL class?

<rdf:Description rdf:nodeID="descriptorset_1">
   <ex:colour>red</ex:colour>
   <ex:shape rdf:resource="&ex;square" />
</rdf/Description>

<wdr:iriset rdf:nodeID="iriset_1">
   <owl:Restriction>
     <owl:onProperty
        rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder#regex" />
     <owl:hasValue>\:\/\/([^\:\/\?\#\@]+\.)?(example\.com)(:([0-9]+))?\/
     </owl:hasValue>
   </owl:Restriction>
</wdr:iriset>

<owl:Restriction>
   <owl:onProperty
     rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder#hasIRI"/>
   <owl:someValuesFrom rdf:nodeID="iriset_1"/>
   <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:nodeID="descriptorset_1"/>
</owl:Restriction>

If so we need to update some DR-S examples but basically that's nice and
easy.

If not... we have a problem.

Try this

<descriptorset>
   <icra:na>1</icra:na>
   <icra:vj>1</icra:vj>
   <bbfc:rating ref="http://www.bbfc.org/1997/#12" />
</descriptorset>

What's the S version? The ICRA stuff is easy - property value
restrictions, OK, but the external reference?

<owl:Class rdf:nodeID="descriptorset_1">
   <owl:intersectionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
     <owl:Class rdf:resource="http://www.bbfc.org/1997/#12" />
   </owl:intersectionOf>
</owl:Class>

The problems I see are that:

1. We've lost some data, i.e. the bbfc:rating predicate (does that matter)

2. In the XML we're referring to an RDF class as if it's an XML element.

3. If we say that the external referent must be an XML element that
doesn't help us because we don't know the URI of the equivalent RDF class

Phil