RE: Categorization + Whether a POI must have location

Well, I completely agree that a user would be *finally* interested in a
data item which is geo-tagged(we call them POIs). Before reaching this
one, the user sees other *data items*. What are these called ? Are they
represented as POIs?
My motivation for having POIs which can't have location comes from the
way data is browsed / suggested in an AR browser on a mobile phone.

How do we represent suggestions/advertisements on a phone as POIs. 'The
Social Network' advertisement/suggestion represents a movie and we are
not suggesting an instance of 'The Social Network' which has a location.
Once user clicks on that suggestion(POI?), he is shown List of Movie
theatres (POIs) which have the POI he wants('The Social Network' movie).

'The Social Network' ad on a phone in Bangalore will have links to
theatres(POIs) in and around Bangalore and 'The Social Network' ad on a
phone in Dublin will have links to theatres(POIs) in Dublin. Hence the
ad is *location based* but does not represent a single POI.

If we say that POIs always need to have location, *many of the
suggestions, advertisements (which don't represent a single geo-tagged
item but a list of geo-tagged items) can never be POIs*. So, do we think
and agree that such 'virtual entities' representing groups of POIs are
not POIs?

Best Regards,

Vinod