POI format simpler than KML

Thanks Rob for pushing me in this thread ;-)
> I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how A2ML or other related
> options [3] could or could not work in the broader HTML, SVG, WebGL open
> stack I've outlined below.
We think that by using an XML format like A2ML,  audio could be treated exactly as SVG  or X3D in an AR Framework:
The similarity between structured interactive audio (A2ML) and structured interactive graphics (SVG) is explained in:
http://svgopen.org/2010/papers/34-Sound_Objects_for_SVG/

Our vision of an AR framework is shown in the attached image.

For an AR framework of this kind, we clearly need a format for POI.
KML is not suitable because it was build to put graphics information on digital images tiles and not build for AR.

For AR, we need something probably simpler, i.e. defined at a higher level by using URIs. (Graphics data is embedded in the KML document)

Instead of specific graphics data embedded in the format, we need references (URIs) to  TEXT objects., 2D objects, 3D objects, sound objects
in standardized format (XHTML, SVG, X3D or collada, A2ML or something else).

It should not be to difficult to define such a format as a mapping from Geographical data to URI's

> I'd especially be interested to hear about broadening it out from just
> sound files to including sound streams.

There is nothing special around streaming a sound source or putting it in the RAM, at least with
respect to the goal of this mailing list

> Personally, if I look around, the white headphones I see everyone on the
> street wearing suggests to me that the iPod is now the currently
> dominant form of Augmented Reality/Wearable Computing.  It's just that
> this audio has no awareness of the context around it and is not
> integrated with sensor data in any way.

Some joggers have nike shoes with sensors for ipod and the music is playing at a rate which
depends on their speed ...... and we can imagine much more to improve training

jacques