Re: Use Cases

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Jens de Smit <jens.desmit@surfnet.nl> wrote:
> On 28/10/2010 15:42, Seiler, Karl wrote:
>> In case you have not seen, this is a small start of non-AR use cases.
>
> Thanks. For the sake of completeness I tried to upload it to the wiki so
> I could add it to the http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Use_Cases page but
> MediaWiki is complaining:
>
> The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file
> and upload again.
>
> The extension xlsx is in the "allowed extensions" list and the file
> opens fine on my machine so I'd say the wiki is lying. Matt, any ideas?

The wiki probably isn't configured for it, that's all. The admins
could perhaps be persuaded to add it, but I guess there is a waryness
of formats (like MS Office http://filext.com/file-extension/XLSX )
that could contain scripts, trojans etc.

Looking at the file in openoffice here (copied below) it's almost free
text anyhow. Maybe a wiki table or bullet list is the best thing to
aim for?

Dan

Points Of Interest Use Cases
for POIWG - W3C

	Where is a 4 star Italian restaurant near me that is still open?
	Where can I find a new battery for my Nokia phone?
	What movies are playing now near me?
	Where is the cheapest available parking near the theater?
	What shoes stores are in this mall?
	How much is the entrance fee for the museum?

Destination Selection
	Take me to this café…
	Take me to the place with this phone number…
	Take me on a scenic wine tour
	Take me the office of my next appointment
	If I want to go to Macy's in this mall at what entrance should I park?

B2B
	Bind together these similar business by categories and associations
	Convert these POI listings descriptions to 12 major languages
	Share this specific set of Yellow Pages with this business partner
	Sweep these web sites and normalize the data to a standard exchange format
	Accurately geolocate these places of business

Informational
	What is the history of this building?
	What is the name of this neighborhood?
	Tell me about this house…
	What kind of businesses are in this building?
	Let me know of any shoe sales I might pass as I walk around the city shopping.