suggest #poiwg for twitter/microblog and delicious.com tagging

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 12:09:15 +0100
To: public-poiwg@w3.org
Hi folks

Many of us stay in touch via Twitter or similar microblogging
platforms that support simple tagging.

http://twitter.com/#!/yvonnert/status/1949057358499840 asks

"@ogc_steven @Brackie2 @danbri @riktem @jeremy_morally @mhaklay
@gothwin @AnttiJakobsson Is there tag or is #POI ok
http://hb.ly/dnpJqi"

I've suggested we use #poiwg rather than #poi, since

1) the former is free;
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23poiwg&result_type=recent  shows
it is unused except for this group's discussions. By contrast
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23poi seems to mean several things
all at once.

2) #poiwg makes it clear we're talking about the standards effort,
rather than tagging some particular point of interest.

Regarding twitter, I think it's worth the extra couple of chars. But
<shrug/> this is an inexact science :)

On delicious, http://www.delicious.com/tag/poi has a good pile of
links relating in various ways to 'points of interest'. I've been
using #poiwg there too http://www.delicious.com/tag/poiwg shows I'm
the only one so far doing so. I guess either is fine, I'll probably
use #poiwg when it's particularly about/for this group, and #poi, #geo
etc for more general topics.

cheers,

Dan

--