Re: thoughts towards a draft AR WG charter

On 29/07/2010 10:27, Thomas Wrobel wrote:
> +1
> "Matt and I also explored how the element of time (when was the
> trigger? when did the event occur, is it during opening hours of a
> business?) can be part of the data which is used to retrieve the
> resulting output/linked data."
>
> Just a quick suggestion; Isn't time itself just another trigger?
> Jens postulated the idea that triggers should be combined ( when X & Y
> is true then display Z )
> If this was possible, then added time-and-location specific events
> would be trivial.
>
> I very much agree Time is a very important element that shouldn't be
> forgotten, just as important as space in many ways.

+1 (yay for supporting my own ideas :)

Also, I agree that time is important for triggers as well. Although the
use cases will be limited it could even be used as a trigger of its own.
One (futuristic) application that just sprung to mind is to use the time
of day to darken the displays/reduce the translucency in your electronic
contact lenses to simulate a day-and-night rythm in an otherwise
perpetually light environment, such as summer near the poles or some
artificial environment that for one reason or another has 24/7 lighting.
A bit far-fetched currently, but if I can think up a use case in 5
minutes then others will definitely come up with others as well.

On the other hand, time can be a very important modifier of other
triggers, such as when augmenting the night sky where your position on
the earth is of course crucial but so is the time of night. Another
argument for being able to combine triggers.

So, to sum up: combined triggers are good idea and time is definitely a
possible trigger.

Regards,

Jens