Re: [pointerevents] Add Pen Rotation

From: Dave Fleck <Dave.Fleck@wacom.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 21:43:25 +0000
To: "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>

On Mar 8, 2016, at 12:29 PM, Patrick H.Lauke via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org<mailto:sysbot+gh@w3.org>> wrote:

There’s nothing vendor specific here.

and I didn't say there was. What I'm saying is that within the
definition of what we're concerned with in this working group/with
this specification, this doesn't seem to fit.

There was a reference to  #26<https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/26> where it seemed at least part of the concern was non-native/vendor specific APIs. Just wanted to make sure it was understood this is HID standard pointer (digitizer) data arriving with the X and Y coordinates, passed to platform pointer events, then (hopefully) on to web pointer events.
"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised." -- George F. Will