RE: F2F at TPAC 2016?

Sorry for a late reply, but yes to both questions for me.

From: Rick Byers [mailto:rbyers@chromium.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:02 AM
To: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Cc: public-pointer-events@w3.org
Subject: Re: F2F at TPAC 2016?

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:25 AM, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk<mailto:redux@splintered.co.uk>> wrote:
On 23/02/2016 14:30, Rick Byers wrote:
I'm planning on being at TPAC, and I'd also love (at least a short) F2F
with whoever else will be present.  I think there's a good chance we'll
have some interesting spec changes to discuss around that time, so it
could be a great opportunity to make progress F2F.

The deadline for reserving physical space(s) at TPAC is at the end of this month. Before I go ahead and organise this, could I just ask very explicitly:

- will you be at TPAC ?

Yes

- do you think a F2F would be beneficial in taking the work on PE further

Yes

- any particular topics/activities you foresee doing during the F2

Resolve all outstanding level 2 blocking bugs.  In particular (if not already resolved): the hit testing issue<https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/8>, and the mouse event compat model<https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/7>.

- how much time you think we'd need to allocate for the F2F

We should do a lot of the work for the above before hand, leaving the f2f for primarily any outstanding contentious issues.  I'd want at least 60 minutes, and guess that any more than 2 hours would probably be too much (plus some social time outside the formal f2f of course).

Could I get a response within the next two weeks please?
I'm actually hoping that we'll do some sort of (possibly informal) F2F
sooner for some hacking, interop & compat testing, test writing, etc.
after the Chrome impl is ready for that (getting close!).  In particular
we need to build a shared understanding of the compat impact of the
implicit capture breaking change I'm proposing.  Anyone else interested
in this, say on the US West coast (Redmond or bay area) sometime maybe
late Q2?

It's likely that I won't be able to make it over for this, but please let me/the list know if any concrete plans around this are formed, to ensure that stuff gets properly minuted, possibility of remote participation is sorted out, etc.

Thanks,

Patrick H. Lauke

www.splintered.co.uk<http://www.splintered.co.uk> | https://github.com/patrickhlauke