[pointerevents] Spec implies mice can't support pressure

From: Rick Byers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 02:51:40 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
RByers has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents:

== Spec implies mice can't support pressure ==
The spec says:

> For hardware that does not support pressure, including but not
limited to mouse, the value must be 0.5 when in the active buttons
state and 0 otherwise.

Which implies it's impossible for a mouse to support pressure.  Fouch
touch touchpads on Mac OS are a real-world example that violates this,
 and I think we should plumb force out to `PointerEvent.pressure` on
Mac OS.

Can we just remove the "including but not limited to mouse"?  Or
replace it with "(for example, most mice)"?

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/30 using your GitHub
account