From: Rick Byers via GitHub [mailto:sysbot+gh@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:52 PM
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
Subject: [pointerevents] Spec implies mice can't support pressure

RByers has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents:

== Spec implies mice can't support pressure == The spec says:

> For hardware that does not support pressure, including but not
limited to mouse, the value must be 0.5 when in the active buttons state and 0 otherwise.

Which implies it's impossible for a mouse to support pressure.  Fouch touch touchpads on Mac OS are a real-world example that violates this,  and I think we should plumb force out to `PointerEvent.pressure` on Mac OS.

Can we just remove the "including but not limited to mouse"?  Or replace it with "(for example, most mice)"?

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/30 using your GitHub account