Re: Hover click with pointer events

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Tim Dresser <tdresser@google.com> wrote:

> I suspect we'll want the spec to phrase this as optional, as there's
> likely hardware which won't support this feature.
>
> What's the advantage of adding a pointerbuttonchange event instead of
> dispatching pointermove events? Would this just be an improvement in
> developer ergonomics?

This was my question as well.  And if we have pointerbuttonchange, then why
not also pointerpressurechange, pointergeometrychange, etc.   We recently
argued that we thought Apple's force click scenarios could reasonably be
built directly on pointer events without need for forcechange events - this
seems similar to me.

Not that I'm opposed to new events per se, but it does add some complexity
for a pretty niche scenario here.  I can't help but wonder if it's worth
it...

Rick

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 6:56 PM Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>