RE: Pointer cancel event dispatching

From: Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 16:37:49 +0000
To: Nikolay Lebedev <nicklebedev37@gmail.com>, "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>
Hi Nick,

The case you call out is possible and OK. The Pointer Events spec does not define the triggers for behaviors like panning. So such a "touch action" could kick in at any time (even after move events have fired).  The spec text you link to is saying that, if you have already fired pointerdown and are now about to perform a touch action then you must fire pointercancel. In other words, we want to make sure that if the page sees a pointerdown, then it is guaranteed to see either a pointerup or a pointercancel.

-Jacob