RE: Pointer Events spec and UIEvents reference

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Gary Kacmarcik (Кошмарчик) <garykac@chromium.org> wrote:

> That was moved into DOM3Events because it didn't make sense to deprecate the old event initializers without having a replacement.
> See https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dom3events/raw-file/tip/html/DOM3-Events.html#idl-def-MouseEventInit

That's good news! I will update Pointer Events to reference this definition instead.
https://www.w3.org/2012/pointerevents/track/actions/104

> We haven't updated UI Events recently because we've been focusing on finishing D3E. But we have moved some items from UI Events back into D3E when we discovered that they needed to be handled properly in D3E (and couldn't wait for UI Events). Sorry for the confusion this caused you.

No worries, though perhaps UI Events should be updated now that you don't intend for these to be defined in that spec. Would be good to avoid further proliferation of confusion.

> Overall, this is great news. I'd rather have you depending on D3E than UI Events at this time.

Agreed, this is definitely preferable.

-Jacob