Re: Last Call comments

Hi

I can relate to the worries and would like to emphasize that this has been done before in multiple UI frameworks. In Montage (montagejs,org) we implemented a pattern claimPointer/releasePointer/surrenderPointer inspired from Cocoa's responders (first responder / responder chain) but adapted to classic DOM events, it helps solve problems like a slider in a scroller, which is a good test case.

I can completely see the numbers of line of code that would be reduced using the capture API but know from experience that there are a lot of subtle use cases that are possible now and we've heard the concerns.

We all know code speaks, especially to developers, so I would suggests, and it might already be done, to build and code a list of use cases and implement it with the spec to make sure they work on not, this could solve a lot of back and forth and be part of the spec?

My $0.02

Benoit