Re: Meeting minutes - Aug 8th, 2022

On 2022-08-08 19:22, Chris Blume (ProgramMax) wrote:
> I agree.
> Although, I don't know how to make them part of the standard, per se.

Put them in Web Platform Tests (WPT) and make reftests that use them.

The implementation report, based on those tests, is used to exit the
Candidate Recommendation stage.

> I think the sample images could be provided alongside the standard as
> a helpful tool but not part of the standard itself.
>
> In that regard, PngSuite <http://www.schaik.com/pngsuite/> [1] already
> does a great job while not being part of the standard. Maybe we can
> add a mention to it somewhere if we aren't already.

It does, and was a very early example of a test suite being used to
improve a specification (at the time, W3C didn't have the concept of
Candidate Recommendation or require implementation reports).

On the other hand, there is apparently a bunch of 'trailing junk data'
in these files :)

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus