Re: warnings on outdated specs/docs

OK, this is beginning to converge.

1) If the ‘latest version’ link is other than the current document, display the floater, inviting the reader to see the latest version?
  — what if the latest version has significantly different maturity?  i.e. you are looking at PR of 1.0, there is a PR of 2.0 but the latest is a WD of 2.1.  Which does the user want?

2) If there isn’t a ‘latest version’ link, allow anyone to ask that such be added, in the case the automatic system missed it.  E.g. add to WCAG 1.0 a latest version to 2.0?

I realize #2 is manual, but what else do we have?

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.