Re: ARIA Agendum Request: Question regarding the ongoing status of ARIA in HTML

I have added this to the agenda.

Rich Schwerdtfeger

From:	Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
To:	Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, James Nurthen
            <james.nurthen@oracle.com>, Matthew King/Fishkill/IBM@IBMUS,
            Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:	W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Date:	03/09/2015 10:05 AM
Subject:	ARIA Agendum Request: Question regarding the ongoing status of
            ARIA  in HTML

Colleagues:

May we have a brief agendum on the various ARIA calls this week
regarding the below?

Here's the question ...

Are we content to leave this work to the HTML-WG with only the usual
level of PF pre-publication scrutiny? Or, would we prefer the document
be a joint deliverable, whereby we would maintain advance sign-off on
publication?

The CfC which follows was issued by the HTML-WG last week while many of
you were at CSUN. I have raised concerns:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2015Mar/0029.html

Now that PF's W3C work is resuming following CSUN, I would like to get a
sense from the several ARIA subteams of what our wg position going
forward should be.

Thanks.

Janina

PS: Discussion of this CfC and the proposal to move it forward can be
found on this month's HTML-Admin email list:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/latest

http://rawgit.com/webspecs/html-aria/master/index.src.html?specStatus=FPWD;publishDate=2015-03-11;wg=HTML%20Working%20Group;wgURI=http://www.w3.org/html/wg/;wgPublicList=public-html

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2015Mar/0002.html

--

Janina Sajka,		 Phone:		 +1.443.300.2200
		 		 		 sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:		 http://a11y.org

Chair,		 Protocols & Formats		 http://www.w3.org/wai/pf