Re: name computation for role="checkbox"

From: Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:02:48 -0500
To: Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni@google.com>
Cc: "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <public-pfwg@w3.org>
I think the issue is that certain roles are not expected by the assistive
technologies to have children. So technically you can do a checkbox that
way but it might be confusing for AT. On the other hand a slider role [1]
doesn't allow name from subtree, however it doesn't look much different
from checkbox in terms of leafability.

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria/roles#slider