Re: Is there a public list of events that should fire when ARIA is used?

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
>  There's MSAA*EVENT_OBJECT_DESCRIPTIONCHANGE *event [1].
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Alex.
>>

> Yes, both Dominic and I pointed that out earlier in the thread.

Oh, sorry. It wasn't in my mailbox due to some reason.

> My mumblings about events for relationship changes were because I took
> Dominic to ask further if there was also a RELATION_CHANGED event
> associated with changes in aria-describedby, specifically if there was a
> RELATION_DESCRIBED_BY_CHANGE event.  There isn't AFAIK. If I mistook what
> Dominic was asking, perhaps he could clarify.
>
> Otherwise, if aria-describedby changes, then
> - the accessible description is updated, and platforms will fire a
> 'description-changed' event as documented in the accessible name
> calculation document. [1].
> - platforms will update the relevant 'describedby' relationship if they
> expose any, but no 'relationship-changed' event will be fired for this
> update.  For example, IA2_RELATION_DESCRIBED_BY and IA2_DESCRIPTION_FOR
> modifed to reflect the change,

This makes sense. However if aria-describedby is changed but description is
not then description change event would be probably confusing but
described_by relation change would be appropriate. Not sure if we'll ever
have an use case for that.