From: Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni@google.com<mailto:dmazzoni@google.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM
To: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu<mailto:clown@alum.mit.edu>>
Cc: Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com<mailto:surkov.alexander@gmail.com>>, Léonie Watson <lwatson@paciellogroup.com<mailto:lwatson@paciellogroup.com>>, Matthew King <mattking@us.ibm.com<mailto:mattking@us.ibm.com>>, Joanie Diggs <diggs@igalia.com<mailto:diggs@igalia.com>>, "White, Jason J" <jjwhite@ets.org<mailto:jjwhite@ets.org>>, Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com<mailto:bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>>, Jon Gunderson <jongund@illinois.edu<mailto:jongund@illinois.edu>>, "public-pfwg@w3.org<mailto:public-pfwg@w3.org>" <public-pfwg@w3.org<mailto:public-pfwg@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: ACTION-1442: Draft spec text for aria-current and aria-currentfor

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu<mailto:clown@alum.mit.edu>> wrote:
The example I gave using site navigation applies: http://idrc.ocad.ca/index.php/research-and-development/ongoing-projects. The site index can be navigated using up/down arrow keys, moving focus from link to link, but the "you-are-here" link doesn't change.  Thus, "focus" is independent of "current" in the same container.

This really feels like "selected" to me. Can you explain why you feel aria-selected would be a poor choice here, or a case where aria-current would be different than aria-selected?