From:   Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
To:     Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>,
Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>,
Cc:     W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Date:   11/03/2014 01:28 PM
Subject:        RE: Request to move ARIA meeting to either Thursday or
Friday (same   time)

For me, 'do it in email' is an unfunded mandate.  The meeting time is the
time to focus on discussing issues relating to the group, with everyone's
full attention.  I also feel we get more accomplished when we talk than
when we write.  Any of the times suggested is fine with me (except 30
minutes, which isn't long enough to actually discuss anything).

Some things that might help:
Have people bring proposals for issues when possible.  That worked quite
well for the HTML next items on the html-a11y task force

Have times scheduled for particular agenda items, so that people who are
only interested in one item can call in for a shorter time.

Have people ask for an agenda item for their action items when the action
item is complete instead of going through all of them.

If we're going to do action item review, have that scheduled as an agenda
item with a fixed time period, and stop when the time is up.  Nagging
works fine in email, and maybe isn't the best use of telecom time.