Re: Request to move ARIA meeting to either Thursday or Friday (same time)

> On Nov 3, 2014, at 12:59 PM, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org> wrote:
>

> On 11/3/2014 3:38 PM, James Craig wrote:

>>> OK, now we might be getting somewhere.
>>>
>>> This is not an unfamiliar argument. It's the modus operandi for HTML-WG,
>>> for example. However, it would be a major cultural change for PF.
>> The change would also allow for more inclusive participation from individuals with hearing impairments. Currently the PF process does not allow for effective participation form hearing-impaired contributors.
> Both captioning and interpreting are possibilities as the need arises.

A dedicated stenographer or professional scribe for WAI meetings would be very beneficial even if we did not have a dedicated accessibility need. No one in the group is such a talented typist that we can scribe topics verbatim. Much context is lost in the meeting minutes.