Re: Is there an official place to document current role compatibility differences?

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:00 PM, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2014, at 1:46 PM, lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com> wrote:
>
> > By the way...I also put up an online database were people can add unit
> tests and document failure and successful use of ARIA. Very different from
> the test harness as this is looking for authoring errors rather then
> operating system/ browser implemetion errors. I dont see anyone using it
> yet, but it is at http://athena-ict.com/UnitTestsHomePage.html.
>
> I think this illustrates why the work should be done in a W3C source
> repository, even if it is a community effort.

As it currently stands, the PFWG test harness URL you mentioned:

1. Returns 404 when attempting to access the main test suite URLs
2. Requires a W3C account to access any of the other links

The effort John (and others) started is to have completely open access to
contribute/ view individual tests, to do the testing itself, and
(eventually) to the data that it generates.    As Bryan noted, there is a
risk of PEBKAC influencing the results, but I hold optimism that the
crowdsourced nature of the testing will reduce the noise there.

All content, tests, results, literally *everything* about the Open
Accessibility Testing project is MIT licensed and anyone and everyone who
wishes to contribute can and should do so.  We invite everyone to
contribute test cases as described at
https://github.com/Open-A11y-Testing/Test-Triage/blob/master/contributing.md

Also, to address your concerns about bugs: I feel it would be wrong not to
report bugs. As an effort aimed at trying to make the Web more accessible,
we'd be missing that goal if we didn't use that data to submit issue
reports to browser vendors and AT vendors.   To the extent possible, it'd
be good for browser and AT vendors to help this by documenting the process
of submitting issue reports.  Perhaps as a document in the "Test Site"
repository? https://github.com/Open-A11y-Testing/Test-Site

--
Karl Groves
Senior Technical Lead Accessibility Software Consultant & Director of