W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-personalization-tf@w3.org > July 2020

Minutes of 13 July 2020 Meeting

From: Becky Gibson <becky@knowbility.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:31:07 -0400
Message-Id: <68648B36-70FA-4258-9589-36589F2FB945@knowbility.org>
To: public-personalization-tf <public-personalization-tf@w3.org>
The minutes of the Personalization TF meeting of 13 July 2020 can be found at: https://www.w3.org/2020/07/13-personalization-minutes.html <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/13-personalization-minutes.html>

Text version is below.

Becky Gibson
Sr. Accessibility Strategist
Knowbility.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Co-Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa



- DRAFT -

Personalization Task Force Teleconference

13 Jul 2020

Attendees <>
Present
JF, Roy, becky, CharlesL1, janina, LisaSeemanKest, sharon
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
becky
Contents

Topics <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/13-personalization-minutes.html#agenda>
i18n issue (see draft at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html) [from LisaSeemanKest] <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/13-personalization-minutes.html#item01>
Proposed timelines - see https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/wish-list-and-priorities-for-2020--2021 <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/13-personalization-minutes.html#item02>
i18n issue (see draft at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html) <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/13-personalization-minutes.html#item03>
i18n issue (see draft at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html) [from LisaSeemanKest] <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/13-personalization-minutes.html#item04>
Summary of Action Items <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/13-personalization-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
Summary of Resolutions <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/13-personalization-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>
<LisaSeemanKest> clear agenda
<LisaSeemanKest> branch: https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/JF-Edits/content/index.html <https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/JF-Edits/content/index.html>
<scribe> scribe: becky
<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: becky
<LisaSeemanKest> presenet+
<JF> agenda
<LisaSeemanKest> next item
<JF> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/JF-Edits/content/index.html <https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/JF-Edits/content/index.html>
JF: I made a few edits to the background, mostly just editorial; Charles pushed most of these
<LisaSeemanKest> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/JF-Edits/content/index.html <https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/JF-Edits/content/index.html>
JF: didn't add any more content
<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/TR/personalization-semantics-1.0/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/personalization-semantics-1.0/>
Lisa: we used to have a cover document; Explainer is now a wiki document but we want info about personalization in formal publication
Janina and JF: explainer will be a formal, normative document
Lisa: Understood that TAG doesn't want Explainer in TR space
Janina: it is not TAG decision if we want Explainer in TR space
<janina> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2020Jan/0014.html <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2020Jan/0014.html>
Lisa: if explainer is a wiki we need a better intro in content module
... if explainer is in TR we can reference the intro material
JF: believe we have gone more formal and given explainer more weight by publishing; We can now point to that document in the content intro;
Janina: There is an issue with the explainer being used 2 different ways - TAG def. is a bit different than others
Roy: We have two Explainer docs - wiki was prepared for TAG and we should publish our formal explainer as a W3C Note
<JF> +1 to Roy
Roy: we can update the TR Explainer to add more content there
Lisa: thought we were making a wiki version to get through the TAG; didn't realize that we were keeping TR doc.
JF: when I look at the doc in TR space is still a working draft; modules need to point to this so we need to finalize that WD; Not sure of semantics - doc or note
... we can port the addn. info in wiki into the TR working draft
Janina: +1 to JF; explainer is a note track document; TAG thought our explainer was too detailed so we did tailor something for them. What we provided TAG was stripped down and would not qualify for TR
Becky: I remember keeping explainer in TR space
Charles: I remember bringing explainer into wiki to make quick changes for TAG; didn't believe we were removing it from TR space
Lisa: didn't think we were keeping explainer in TR space but willing to do that; but we added more stuff to other introductions because I though we couldn't refer to explainer
JF: reviews W3C publishing process - can't refer to wikis in TR document
<JF> +1 to keeping Explainer (Note Track) in TR
Becky: need to review TR version to see if there is anything in wiki we need to move over
Lisa: we have a requirements document in TR space that also needs updating
... anyone want to take on updating the TR explainer from the wiki version?
JF: I can do a merge for next week
Lisa: I will review the requriements
JF: I made the changes from my notes take two weeks ago; am happy to review
<JF> raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/JF-Edits/content/index.html
JF: recent changes were mostly grammatical; nothing editorial - see URL above
Charles: confirms that all changes were grammatical
Janina: would prefer to see a merged document
Lisa: Let's take a look to review all the changes to the abstract and introduction in the content module
<CharlesL1> <p>This specification provides web content authors a standard approach to support web users who are persons with various cognitive and learning disabilities including users who:</p
i18n issue (see draft at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html) <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html)> [from LisaSeemanKest]

 <><JF> ACTION: JF will review the wiki intro and Intro and sync.
<trackbot> Created ACTION-65 - Will review the wiki intro and intro and sync. [on John Foliot - due 2020-07-20].
 <><scribe> ACTION: JF to review the current explainer WG document and merge additional info from the Wiki into it for next week
<trackbot> Created ACTION-66 - Review the current explainer wg document and merge additional info from the wiki into it for next week [on John Foliot - due 2020-07-20].
<LisaSeemanKest> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html>
Lisa: worked on internationalization response - reviews changes made so far
<LisaSeemanKest> https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/144 <https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/144>
Proposed timelines - see https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/wish-list-and-priorities-for-2020--2021 <https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/wish-list-and-priorities-for-2020--2021>
i18n issue (see draft at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html) <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html)>
i18n issue (see draft at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html) <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html)> [from LisaSeemanKest]

<LisaSeemanKest> https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/144 <https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/144>
<LisaSeemanKest> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Jun/0016.html>
Lisa: issue #144 is i18n issue - I created a draft email in response
... see URI above for details
JF: we also agreed that we were going to mention are not intending to perform language translations
Lisa: I believe we addressed that
<JF> +1 to Janina
Janina: can we say that we can translate between different symbol sets within the same language - this is an important point
<LisaSeemanKest> Thank you for your comment!
<LisaSeemanKest> This has started an interesting discussion, and we intend to look into add another page level value via schema.org (possibly via digital publishing).
<LisaSeemanKest> It is worth noting that our use cases is to map between different symbol sets in the same natural language. We are not enabling consistent translation for different symbol sets across different natural languages at this time.
<LisaSeemanKest> Also the reference numbers are from bliss symbolics, which was designed to be an international
<LisaSeemanKest> language similar to Esperanto. You may be interested in the rules at http://www.blissymbolics.org/images/bliss-rules.pdf <http://www.blissymbolics.org/images/bliss-rules.pdf>
<LisaSeemanKest> Also, we have added a Hebrew example for symbol of how for a conjugation example (see https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/edits07062020/content/index.html#symbol-explanation). <https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/edits07062020/content/index.html#symbol-explanation).> We have also added a best practice page which may also help. See https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Best-practices-for-symbol-values <https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Best-practices-for-symbol-values>
<LisaSeemanKest> Please let us know if you have more questions at this time.
<LisaSeemanKest> Also, we have added a Hebrew example for symbols of how to form a conjugation
Charles: needs some grammatical editing
<LisaSeemanKest> Also, we have added a Hebrew example for symbols of a conjugation
<JF> Also, we have added a Hebrew example for symbols of how to form a conjugated term
JF: our best practices for Symbol values document - would like to see this TF reach out to EO and perhaps get them to assume ownership and maintenance
... would like to see this in a more public space and get EO to take it over so it gets more traction
<Zakim> JF, you wanted to ask about the Best Practices page
Lisa: will add discussion about this for next week
<Zakim> janina, you wanted to discuss conjunction
<JF> Agree to add the "where should Best Practices Live" to our To Do list
<LisaSeemanKest> Thank you for your comment!
<LisaSeemanKest> This has started an interesting discussion, and we intend to look into add another page level meta date value via schema.org (possibly via digital publishing).
<LisaSeemanKest> It is worth noting that our use cases is to map between different symbol sets in the same natural language. We are not enabling consistent translation for different symbol sets across different natural languages at this time.
<LisaSeemanKest> Also the reference numbers are from bliss symbolics, which was designed to be an international language similar to Esperanto. You may be interested in their rules at http://www.blissymbolics.org/images/bliss-rules.pdf <http://www.blissymbolics.org/images/bliss-rules.pdf>
<LisaSeemanKest> Also, we have added a Hebrew example for symbols of how to form a conjugated term (see https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/edits07062020/content/index.html#symbol-explanation). <https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/edits07062020/content/index.html#symbol-explanation).>
<LisaSeemanKest> We have also added a best practice page which may also help. See https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Best-practices-for-symbol-values <https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Best-practices-for-symbol-values>
<LisaSeemanKest> Please let us know if you have more questions at this time.
Lisa: reads above response for group review.
<JF> [edit] This has started an interesting discussion, and we intend to look into >>adding<< another page level meta date value via schema.org (possibly via digital publishing).
Janina: not sure what word consistent adds?
... suggest removing the word consistent
<JF> [edit] This has started an interesting discussion, and we intend to look into >>adding<< another page level >>metadata<< value via schema.org (possibly via digital publishing).
Charles: metadata is one word; may want to be specific about where adding schema info?
<LisaSeemanKest> https://schema.org/accessibilityFeature <https://schema.org/accessibilityFeature>
<Zakim> JF, you wanted to ask if we should provide a URI to a potential schema.org value?
JF: should we include a link to schema.org accessibility features section where we might add this metadata
<CharlesL1> https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Accessibility#accessibilityFeature_in_detail <https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Accessibility#accessibilityFeature_in_detail>
Charles: the above link is what digital publishing will review and this is where we would add our proposed feature
<LisaSeemanKest> (possibly via digital publishing, possibly to https://schema.org/accessibilityFeature <https://schema.org/accessibilityFeature>).
Lisa: change reference to digital publishing to possibly adding to accessibility feature (and include above link)
<JF> +1
Janina: should we actually lead with the info about schema? should we move it to the end?
Lisa: I think this is most relevant; i18n actually pushed for more use of metadata;
Janina: I think they are misunderstanding translation - so we are staying again that it is not across natual language
<JF> Thank you for your comment!
<JF> This has started an interesting discussion. It is worth noting that our use cases is to map between different symbol sets in the same natural language. We are not enabling consistent translation for different symbol sets across different natural languages at this time.
Lisa: suggest rework on the list
Summary of Action Items <>[NEW] ACTION: JF to review the current explainer WG document and merge additional info from the Wiki into it for next week
[NEW] ACTION: JF will review the wiki intro and Intro and sync.
 
Summary of Resolutions <>[End of minutes]
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2020/07/13 15:00:06 $
Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/>

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: JF Roy becky CharlesL1 janina LisaSeemanKest sharon
Found Scribe: becky
Found Scribe: becky
Inferring ScribeNick: becky

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 13 Jul 2020
People with action items: jf

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)


[End of scribe.perl <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic output]
Received on Monday, 13 July 2020 21:31:25 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 13 July 2020 21:31:25 UTC