Re: copy-write question

Hi Lisa,

I hope Russell can give you a quick and proper reply to your questions, but
my guess would be that his "no" answer was to your question to the numbers
being copyright restricted, rather than to whether someone could use your
specification with them for "for profit" products. So probably a bit of
confusion there.

If you stick to the CC-BY-SA license for the Blissymbolics lexicon
resources as a whole it does not restrict usage of any kind as long as the
same freedoms and restrictions are respected for derivative resources (free
use + BY=attribution, and SA=Share Alike). I.e. you can not turn or
directly bundle the resource into proprietary products.

Just for my understanding:
I haven't looked further at how you plan to use the numbering. The numbers
in ID numbers in themselves would be meaningless, so I suppose you intend
to use them with some kind of reference to the concept gloss words and
definitions. Is that right? If so, how will this reference be done? Ideally
such a reference should also include the so called "Derivation" for each
Bliss concept, as the gloss words in themselves will quite often not be
unambiguous.

Cheers,
Mats