Re: Attribution and Clarification(s)

Hi Janina,

Thanks for that pointer. I note that those minutes are from 2015.

Included in those minutes is the following exchange:

MC: WRT proliferation, we do not have to assume aria is the technology used
to meet the requirements.
... John F said that a lot of this soulds like CSS to him.

<JF> +1 to Michael's point

Janina: Similar concern as Michael.
Little early to talk about specific solutions.
People need to get familiar with the problem space
What we really want people to understand the value of making these kind of
changes.
This is a whole new space and we don't have a lot of background and we need
time.
Leave the solution out and first map out the use cases, needs, ... do not
start with solution and open that up for argument before we understand the
space.

LS: I agree w/Michael, we do not have to assume solution is aria and not,
say html5.

​I concur with your (and Lisa's) statement(s) there that we should not
start with a solution (and that other mechanisms, such as HTML5 or CSS, may
also be appropriate), yet the code examples being provided in the current
draft(s) feel very much like that is exactly what we are doing​: aria-like
attributes with simply a new prefix.

Those comments also come from a time when we were discussing coga-*
attributes (which have now been overcome by aui-* attribute proposals), and
so I was hoping to see a more current instance of the TF agreeing to "leave
them in" in the current Modules (which weren't even in existence in 2015...)

Thanks.

JF

--
John Foliot