Re: Call for Consensus to Request Formal Review of WPWG Charter - Review Requested by 8 November

> On 1 Nov 2019, at 2:07 pm, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
>

> The Modal Dialog was in the charter, but since it seems not like it has a home in WICG, I removed it for now.
> (However I accidentally left it in the milestones table further down.)
>
> I personally have no objection to including it.
>
> Here is the text that used to be in the charter around modal dialog:
>
> <li>Modal Window specification.

I'm reluctant at this point to even give it a name - so I'd drop this...

> Based on experience with the Payment
>          Handler API, the Working Group is discussing creation of a new UI
>          component that allows a service wworker

similarly, we don't yet know if we need anything service worker related.

> to display user interface to
>          the user in the form of a modal window with top-level context. This
>          functionality would generalize some of the current payment-specific
>          functionality of Payment Handler API.
>          </li>
>
> Would that text work for you? Suggestions welcome,

So, this is what I get (sans-name, sans-service-worker):

"""
Based on experience with the Payment Handler API, the Working Group is discussing creation of a new UI component where payments, authentication, and other activities can occur. This functionality would generalize some of the current payment-specific functionality of Payment Handler API.
"""