Re: Open Banking Wallet - Video Clips

On 2019-12-02 11:39, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> Hey Anders,
>
> There is some interesting correlation to some work we've been doing at Coil on trying to standardize wallet interactions for Interledger (as opposed to Open Banking).
> We have a demo wallet at https://rafiki.money with demos at https://eats.rafiki.shop and a few others that are not stable yet but will share later.
> I'd be interested in comparing notes on this sometime.

Hi Adrian,
I tried to signup but the Chrome console complained about http 400 something so I could not test it today.  Will try another time.

> Our focus is on leveraging existing standards like OAuth 2.0 but we're following the work at IETF closely that deals with transaction authorization to see which direction that takes (PAR/RAR vs OAuth 3)?
> I've only started documenting the Web Monetization use case so far but that's here if you're interested: https://openpayments.dev

I understand.  As you probably have figured out from the slides and video clips, I'm rather leveraging the EMV standard (in a very loose sense) which is a quite different way of addressing UI, User authorization, Account information and Messaging.  My primary contribution (FWIW) is the elimination of TTPs through the use of fairly simple lookup services which I believe have other applications as well.

BTW, based on recent publications of "RequestToPay" schemes including one from SWIFT and another from EPC, there still seems to be fundamentally different views on what belongs to the "frontend" and what belongs to the "backend" since none of these proposals come with any kind of security solution.

To me this is a blocker for progress through "regular" channels, so our proposals may be close to the only shows in town :-)

There's a bunch of other related topics needing standardization which seem pretty generic include POS interface and Desktop/Web-2-Mobile wallet interaction (regardless of technology). Organizations like https://empsa.org/ are not interested in open standardization.

Regards,
Anders