Re: Payment Method Spec for Card Issuer Tokens

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 20:31:57 -0400
To: public-payments-wg@w3.org
On 09/14/2016 06:22 PM, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> Basic card will be fulfilled by browsers

Can you elaborate on this point, Adrian?

Are you saying that /only browsers/ will be able to offer basic card
details? Or are you saying that most people may choose to store this
information w/ the browser.

I hope it's not the former.

To give an example of how this ecosystem could play out: Browsers
already give you the option of storing your passwords. Still, LastPass
has a thriving business. I'd expect the same for Basic Card, and I
especially hope that we're not saying that our expectation is that a
number of us creating "payment wallets" are going to be prevented from
playing in this space.

Wrt. tokenization, I agree and that would be great to have a
tokenization spec.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Rebalancing How the Web is Built