Re: [Agenda] 1 December Web Payments Working Group call

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 10:22:02 +0100
To: Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>
Cc: Roy McElmurry <rvm4@fb.com>, Zach Koch <zkoch@google.com>, Payments WG <public-payments-wg@w3.org>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
On Nov 29, 2016 09:51, "Adrian Hope-Bailie" <adrian@hopebailie.com> wrote:

> Just encryption and/or also signing?
>
> Signing JSON is a minefield.

I think you can extend the minefield to payment security in general. I
haven' t even been able to get an authoritative description on how
tokenization works in for example Apple Pay wrt to integration with the
rest of the infrastructure.

> JWT and JOSE are not very developer friendly and the other proposed
solutions out there have got very little traction.

> I'd suggest we leave that to each payment method and come up with an
elegant solution for one of our open payment methods that can serve as an
example for others.

> On 29 November 2016 at 01:54, Roy McElmurry <rvm4@fb.com> wrote:
>>
>> I need to chat with Zach and Adrian from a technical perspective (and
I’ll facilitate that later), but I would like to discuss philosophically
how we would like to handle data encryption specifically for the tokenized
card spec if not all data payloads.