Re: User Consent and Addresses

From: Adam Roach <abr@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 08:56:08 -0500
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, Web Payments Working Group <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
On 5/10/16 08:42, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>   1) I am interacting with merchant.com (browser-as-payment-app). This amounts to the form-fill case.
>   2) I am interacting with bob’s payment app (third-party-payment-app). This is a new origin.
>
> Is that your observation?

Modulo the point that Dave just raised (which deserves its own thread),
that's basically it, yes.

> Do you think API behavior should differ in those two cases?

Presuming you're talking about the WHATWG forms autofill behavior, it
already does differ. Looking at the procedure in section 4.10.19.8.3 of
that spec, step 6 has the user modifying fields (potentially multiple
times), while substep 5 of step 7 places the resulting value in the form
exactly once. The calling page never sees any intermediate data that the
user entered and then changed their mind about.

--
Adam Roach
Principal Platform Engineer