Re: Checkout API spec published

Dave has some time on today's call to discuss his proposal which will give
him an opportunity to expand on some of the motivations and design
decisions.

One thing that I think we need to consider is that, whether we use this API
or not, it is almost impossible to present a single UI to the user for
selecting shipping details and also payment app.

The demo UI from AdrianB shows all of these in a single UI but that won't
work with the architecture we have today. Today we combine the set of
supported payment methods and the amount in the payment request so it
follows that the user can only be prompted to select a payment app (based
on payment method) after the amount has been finalized.

If we feel like the website needs more control over this flow (select
payment app and then provide amount separately) we need to consider how we
can acheive that without compromising user privacy (i.e. we don't allow
websites to take the user through the app selection process without
actually requesting a payment)