Re: Review of Payment Apps Proposal

On 04/21/2016 07:54 AM, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> Hi Manu,
>
> There is a concern from the browser API spec editors that we should
> keep registration in a separate spec so that the payment and
> registration specs can evolve independently. I think there is a case
> to be made that these should be in the same spec as they relate to
> the same component (the browser) and the sections of the spec that
> relate to each function can still evolve independently.

I agree that for Payment App registration with the browser -- it should
be in a browser API spec. There may be other ways to register Payment
Apps (non-browsers) and those should be in their own respective specs.
However, if it makes more sense to break up the browser API into a
number of "Browser API Specs" I think that's ok as well. We should just
be clear that they are specific to the browser.

Similarly, other types of APIs may have N specs for specific subsections
of their APIs. My personal view is that it will get unwieldy to take
that approach. I'd prefer to keep every subsection of a particular API
in a single spec, but if others feel that the browser API should be
split up amongst several browser API specs, I think that's ok.

--
Dave Longley
CTO