Re: First Look version of the test collection for the RDF-Based Semantics

On 27 May 2009, at 10:12, Michael Schneider wrote:

> [...]

Ok.

> What you see there is the "source code" of the tests. They will be
> translated into the format used in the Test Wiki (according to what
> is described in the "Conformance" document), and then being uploded
> there. So there will be absolutely no difference to what is already
> around: One test, one entry in the Test Wiki.

Ok, that's reassuring.

>> I don't
>> think anyone had any notion that the RDF-Based semantics would go off
>> and do it's own thing (to the point of having a *generator*!?! in the
>> mix).
>
> There is nothing different. There is, of course, a common naming
> scheme: all test cases start by "rdfbased-...". And they will be
> marked with the "RDFBASED" flag, and whatever is needed according to
> the test ontology to say that they are specifically intended to be
> used for implementations of the RDF-Based Semantics. But nothing else.
>
> Except for: I will, on the fly, generate an overview page, which
> will point to all the test cases in the Test Wiki and provide
> additional describing texts. But that's just for convenience of
> people who care, and is only planned as a page in the OWL Wiki (not
> necessarily in the Test Wiki), at the address I gave in my previous
> mail.

I see. That's the part that was confusing me. Thanks for the
explanation.

>> I find it very very very surprising and, coming at this late date,
>> it's the sort of surprising that is grumpy making.
>
> It's certainly late, but not too late, I'd say. Test suite
> production is what is currently happening in our WG.

No no. I'm all for tests, but it seemed like you were proposing a
separate (rec track) test document. You aren't. I'm all for additional
documentation in the wiki, for sure.

>> Or is this not meant to be part of our documents? That's much less
>> grumpy making. But that's hard to square with other things you've
>> written about these tests...
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "part of our documents". It is simply
> meant to be yet another bunch of test cases in the test wiki,
> specifically addressing OWL 2 Full.

I meant the overview page. I think I've got it and it's all cool.