Re: Review of Primer

On Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2009, Mike Smith wrote:
> I have completed my review of the Primer.  My full set of review
> comments can be seen in the diff at [1].  Most of my comments were
> minor editorial issues.  My comments in sections 9 (DL and Full) and
> 10 (Profiles) suggest more substantial changes.

Thanks! I would like to briefly discuss one comment:

"If you provide xml:base for RDF/XML and OWL/XML syntaxes, you could use @base
in the turtle example. Alternatively your could remove all bases"

Do you suggest to declare @base even though it is not used? My choice of using
bases, prefixes, entities, and namespaces in each syntactic form was motivated
by making examples as short and similarly looking as possible. If one would
really use @base in Turtle, one would have to write

<localname>

where we now write

:localname

But the latter is closer to the FS examples and it is also shorter. So @base
could be declared but it would not be the preferred mechanism for abbreviation
anyway.

Regards,
Markus

--
Markus Krötzsch
Institut AIFB, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe